Address: 150N Provident Way
P.O. Box 568
Elizabethtown, KY 42702
Fax: 270-982-8590 Email: Vicki Meredith
Vicki Brackett Meredith, PE
The Engineering Department of Hardin County is located in Suite 223 of the Hardin Government Building, 150 North Provident Way in Elizabethtown. The Engineering Department provides engineering guidance, review, and oversight to development within the County. Services provided by the Engineering Department include:
Reviewing subdivision/development plans for compliance with County regulations and engineering practices for roadway and stormwater design.
Compliance with Stormwater regulation and control as directed in the KYG20 - Kentucky Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit from a Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System Into Waters of the Commonwealth - generally referred to as the MS4 Permit.
Compliance with erosion prevention and sediment control for development within the county as directed by the KYR10 - Kentucky Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (KPDES) General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Construction Activities.
Providing review of roadway safety standards and access management requirements.
Reviewing and developing standards for design of roadways, storm drainage and alternative.
Review and enforcement of FEMA based regulations for floodplain control and management.
Provide timely and appropriate responses to request for service and information.
View the following links for more information:
- Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Ordinance No. 239
- Post-Construction Runoff Control Ordinance No. 240
- Hardin County Stormwater Manual
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Kentucky Division of Water
- Hardin County Best Management Practices Handbook
- Ky EPSC Field Guide
- Ky Best Management Practices (BMP) for Controlling Erosion, Sediment, and Pollution Runoff from Construction Sites
- Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance