County Facilities Will Begin Phased Re-opening
- Hardin Co. Public Library – open
- Hardin County in Cooperation with RED River – Update
- Recycling Drop-off locations – open
- Hardin County Attorney – open.
- Hardin County Planning & Development – open
For current information within the region, visit KyCovid19.
Locally in Hardin County, Red River Waste Solutions will continue their regularly scheduled routes. In addition, we are asking all citizens to bag all material placed for trash collection. Out of an abundance of caution due to COVID-19, waste collectors have been instructed not to pick up any loose trash, trash placed on the ground or trash stuck inside receptacles. Each bag should be hand tied by gathering and twisting the neck of the bag and using a tie or hand knot to secure the bag, and each container should be securely closed.
If you have developed a fever or respiratory symptoms and believe you have had exposure to a known case or traveled to an area with community spread, isolate yourself from others in your home and contact your healthcare provider or local health department to describe your symptoms and any recent travel before you go to the healthcare facility.
Social distancing is key to keeping Kentuckians safe. It is essential that Kentuckian’s participate in the following social distancing activities:
- It is advised that all community gatherings be cancelled
- All 172 school districts, the Kentucky School for the Blind and Kentucky School for the Deaf will close
- Avoid all non-essential travel. Do not fly. Do not participate in cruise travel.
- Recommend the temporary closure of senior centers to help halt the spread of the virus for those most vulnerable
- All state prisons are closed to visitors
- Recommend businesses to utilize telecommuting and allow employees to work from home if possible
- State boards and commissions have canceled any scheduled in-person meetings and instead will use video teleconference technology
- Hospitals are asked to cease elective procedures
This guidance will continue to change as circumstances warrant.