An industrial taxing district being created, Hardin County Fiscal Court will collect payment of an occupational license fee by persons and business entities conducting businesses, occupations, and professions within the Industrial Tax District. Effective January 1, 2024 the Industrial Tax District has been amended to include all unincorporated Hardin County. Please note that this is the part of the county that is outside the municipalities/cities.
Industrial Taxing District Requirements
- Hardin County Ordinance 338, Series 2023, requires the completion and filing of the Industrial Tax Questionnaire for new and existing business(es) with business activity in the tax district.
- Please confirm that the business activity is within the Industrial Tax District (Unincorporated Hardin County) prior to registering. The Occupational License Tax applies to businesses of any kind (i.e. real estate, construction, etc.).
Occupational Tax Map
To confirm the location of your business or work you can access the Tax District Map (Unincorporated Hardin County). This map shows you the area of the Industrial Tax District. The absence of a physical location in the tax district does not exempt a business entity.
Process to Receive Your Occupational License for Your Business or Work
- Please return the completed form along with the $25.00 annual license fee; make check(s) payable to Hardin County Treasurer.
- After payment of the annual license fee, taxpayer(s) will receive a business license and additional information for reporting and reconciliation.
Please return the completed form along with the $25.00 annual license fee; make check(s) payable to Hardin County Treasurer. Mail application, forms, correspondence to Hardin County Treasurer, PO Box 479, Elizabethtown, KY 42702. Please contact Denna Taylor, Occupational License Tax Coordinator (270) 982-8488 with any questions or concerns.
After payment of the annual license fee, taxpayer(s) will receive a license and additional information for reporting and reconciliation.
Important Occupational License Information
The occupational license tax shall be measured by 1 % of:
- All wages and compensation paid or payable in the District for work done or services performed or rendered in the District by every resident and nonresident who is an employee.
- The net profit from the business conducted in the District by a resident or nonresident business or work.
The data contained within the map application linked from this site is for informational and viewing purposes only. This data is not designed to be used for any commercial or residential development. Property boundaries may be skewed due to differences in the geographic coordinate systems used in this application.