The Recycling Department promotes sustainability by providing convenient recycling services to Hardin County residents through public programs, our recycling center and a number of no-cost recycling and scrap events.
150 North Provident Way, Suite 223
P.O. Box 568
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Solid Waste Director/Coordinator
Where to recycle?
- Our recycling center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Hardin County Farmers’ Market, located at U.S. 62 (Leitchfield Road) and Peterson Drive.
- Recycling is the simplest and easiest way to preserve valuable and finite resources. It has a profound impact upon our earth and helps maintain it as a healthy and sustainable place for future generations.
What items are not accepted at the recycling center?
- We cannot accept glass, Styrofoam, light bulbs, plastic bags, phone books, food wrappers, plastics 3 through 7, liquids, helium tanks, electronics, batteries or appliances.
What are some helpful recycling hints?
- Rinse all containers
- Remove all lids
- Flatten all cardboard
When is Household Hazardous Waste Day?
- We offer an annual Household Hazardous Waste day in August. We take items such as batteries, antifreeze, prescription drugs and other household chemicals.
When is E-Scrap Day?
- We offer an annual E-Scrap Day in April. We accept electronic equipment such as computers, cell phones, televisions and printers, among other items.
When are Free Service Days at Pearl Hollow Landfill?
- Throughout the year we offer three Free Service Days at our county landfill – Pearl Hollow Landfill, located at 1620 Audubon Trace Road in Elizabethtown. Call 270-506-1062 or 270-796-2951 for information on Free Services Days.
Where can I find more information on starting a school recycling program?
- Contact Recycling Department Director Stephanie Givens at 270-360-9207 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.