The Recycling Department promotes sustainability by providing convenient recycling services to Hardin County residents through public programs, our recycling center and a number of no-cost recycling and scrap events.
150 North Provident Way, Suite 223
P.O. Box 568
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Solid Waste Director/Coordinator
Where to recycle?
CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Our recycling center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Hardin County Farmers’ Market, located at U.S. 62 (Leitchfield Road) and Peterson Drive.
- Recycling is the simplest and easiest way to preserve valuable and finite resources. It has a profound impact upon our earth and helps maintain it as a healthy and sustainable place for future generations.
What items are not accepted at the recycling center?
- We cannot accept glass, Styrofoam, light bulbs, plastic bags, phone books, food wrappers, plastics 3 through 7, liquids, helium tanks, electronics, batteries or appliances.
What are some helpful recycling hints?
- Rinse all containers
- Remove all lids
- Flatten all cardboard
When is Household Hazardous Waste Day?
- We offer an annual Household Hazardous Waste day in August. This date can change from year to year. We take items such as batteries, antifreeze, prescription drugs and other household chemicals.
When is E-Scrap Day?
- We offer an annual E-Scrap Day in April. We accept electronic equipment such as computers, cell phones, televisions and printers, among other items.
Where can I find more information on deceased farm animal removal?
- More info is available here: https://hcky.org/deceased-animal-removal/
When are Free Service Days at Pearl Hollow Landfill?
- Throughout the year we offer two to three Free Service Days at our county landfill – Pearl Hollow Landfill, located at 1620 Audubon Trace Road in Elizabethtown. Call 270-506-1062 or 270-796-2951 for information on Free Services Days.
Where can I find more information on starting a school recycling program?
- Contact Recycling Department Director Stephanie Givens at 270-360-9207 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.