The Hardin County Road Department is responsible for maintaining 562 miles of county roads. This includes snow removal and ice control; mowing and maintaining grass, trees or other obstacles around bridges and guardrails; tree trimming; repairing and installing road signs; and road paving. The department also maintains a fleet of ambulances and other county vehicles and equipment.
CR1053 Stovall Road will be closed intermittently between the hours of 8:30am – 2:30pm starting…
Please fill out the application completely
Skip the phone call and connect digitally
What are the priority roads for snow removal of Hardin County roads?
- Area 1: Upper Colesburg Road, Lower Colesburg Road, Wooldridge Ferry Road, Tunnel Hill Road, Bewley Hollow Road, Pear Orchard Road. For a complete list of priority roads in Area 1, click here.
- Area 2: Springfield Road, Miller Road, Middle Creek Road, Locust Grove Road, Sportsman Lake Road. For a complete list of priority roads in Area 2, click here.
- Area 3: Bacon Creek Road, Gaither Station Road, Star Mills-Eastview Road, Star Mills Road, E. White Mills-Glendale Road. For a complete list of priority roads in Area 3, click here.
- Area 4: Constantine Road, Pierce Mills Road, Mount Olive Road, Horn Road, Yates Chapel Road, Meeting Creek Road. For a complete list of priority roads in Area 4, click here.
- Area 5: Deckard School Road, Boone Road, Thomas Road, New Salem Church Road, Berrytown Road, Long Hollow Road. For a complete list of priority roads in Area 5, click here.
What are the secondary roads for snow removal of Hardin County roads?
- Area 1: Master Lane, Quail Hollow Road, Happy Hollow Road, Sherwood Drive, Arbor Lane, Bates Road, Optimist Road
- Area 2: Lincoln Drive, Fowler Lane, Valley Creek Lane, Larue Lane, Kings Way, Ford Road
- Area 3: Partridge Way, Crump Lane, Monin Lane, Amish Road, Lambert Lane
- Area 4: Goodman Lane, Vertrees Church Road, Tom Duvall Road, Cann School Lane, Drane Lane, Johnson Lane, Probus Lane
- Area 5: Bratcher Lane, Pickerall Lane, Forrest Trace, Blackburn Road, Walnut Creek Lane, Beagle Club Lane
What roads does the State of Kentucky Department of Transportation cover?
- The State of Kentucky Department of Transportation covers all Interstates and state roads such as Hwy 31W, Hwy 84, Hwy 86, Hwy 62 and Hwy 313. The State of Kentucky Department of Transportation also covers roads such as 1357 (St. John Road) and 1600 (Rineyville Road).
Where can I find snow removal routes?
When does mowing season begin?
- Mowing season begins in May